Thursday, 20 October 2011

Veteran Farmgirls?

Tonight is our last night up on the farm :( I've enjoyed it so much and I kind of feel like I could do this... always. It has its challenges of course but there's so much to learn out there! I've been waking up at 6:30am (that's saying a LOT for me!) every morning because I can't bare to waste the time staying in bed. I wish I didn't need to sleep but truth be told, it's pretty tiring walking up and down to the horses and feeding them twice a day, feeding the dogs and the cats, cooking for ourselves, doing laundry and also getting out to the office/workshop in Ooty to work in the in between times. But wow, every night I go to bed being satisfied and feeling like, "yeah, today... Today I really feel like I just lived life to the fullest." It's been absolutely amazing and I am so grateful for this week of retreat.

Rod and Diana have been up a couple of times which was lovely!
A nice sunny morning!

Oscar stretching it out in the morning.
Dark Chocolate a.k.a. DC
Ranger, ever the watchdog. Such a cutie!!
Down at the stalls, morning feeding and mucking out.



THE house.

Hercules
Jen mucking out the horse pen
Getting Firefly out of his stall for the day.
See? Don't I like I belong there? :P

Shadow and Lily feasting on their morning feed.




3 comments:

  1. wow! Never knew such a beautiful place existed in Ooty! It's almost like a dream house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely experience and great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Love the fourth and 7th picture after your post!
    You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!