Monday, 17 October 2011

Fine. Let it rain.

The weather outside is crappy. Apparently this is the 'second monsoon' and it's been pouring and pouring and it's cold and usually I would be pretty down about it but right now? Who cares? There’s a fire sizzling in the fire place, I just took choc-chip muffins out of the oven, the horses are fed and locked in for the night, dinner is leftovers from lunch (which was delicious!) and only needs to be re-heated, we have a great series to watch, the music system rocks and fills the whole house with thumping music (leaves no room for worrying. best. medicine.), the dogs just let themselves in so I had to wrestle them and wipe the rain off them and clean their paws and now they’re calming down and have settled at my feet (I love them).
I am so content right now, I could cry. It’s been a hard week - lots of truths sinking in and it’s been a little overwhelming…
For now, Jen and I are house-sitting for the Malsteads and they have the most beautiful house in this neck of the woods! It’s amazing and the cool thing that’s there’s a system in place and all we have to do is follow it, keep all the animals alive (!) and make the most of our time here! This is just what I needed right now. God is good!
Right, I’m off to help Jen with the dinner.
I haven't brought my camera, but here are some hipstamatic shots from Jen's phone!
Ranger. I call him "little lion". Just he just look like royalty? He's super strong but he doesn't realise this so when we're trying to wipe him down before he enters the house he often thinks its a big game and will fill his mouth with your hand!
We spend most of our time in this room. Reading, watching TV or just relaxing on those couches in front of the fire.
The kitchen.
Oscar! I know I shouldn't have favourites, but he's my favourite.
Spiral stairs leading up to our comfy beds.
*Written at around 7:00pm 16th October, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!