Moving the Ruhamah workshop from Smyrna home to our new, clean, freshly painted place in Glenrock. Translating for documentary film. Working on our SISTERS annual report. Learning my way around Adobe Illustrator. Yeah, it's been kind of insanely busy around here but I love it. The insane busyness might be the only thing that is actually keeping me sane at the moment if that makes any sense? I don't think I'm a workaholic by any stretch of the word but I don't think I can NOT have work to do. The scary thing is that the work I'm doing right now is such a crazy mix of things and just so perfectly cut out for me. Why is that scary? Because I have approximately 3 weeks left of this and then where in the world will I find this again?!
I know, I sound a little a paranoid but hey, I gotta vent a little whether I'm being reasonable or not.
Anyway, let's think happy thoughts, yes? You know what the funnest part of my day today was? Painting two large cabinets for Ruhamah's new workshop with enamel paints. It was like somebody placed this massive white canvas in front of me and all I had to do was fill it with colour. I didn't have to think about it, be creative, I just had to go for it. It was the. best. thing. ever. Like therapy. I had to concentrate enough to make it a neat job and so I concentrated on that and thought about absolutely nothing else. I loved it. Anybody want their house painted? Call me!
I know, I sound a little a paranoid but hey, I gotta vent a little whether I'm being reasonable or not.
Anyway, let's think happy thoughts, yes? You know what the funnest part of my day today was? Painting two large cabinets for Ruhamah's new workshop with enamel paints. It was like somebody placed this massive white canvas in front of me and all I had to do was fill it with colour. I didn't have to think about it, be creative, I just had to go for it. It was the. best. thing. ever. Like therapy. I had to concentrate enough to make it a neat job and so I concentrated on that and thought about absolutely nothing else. I loved it. Anybody want their house painted? Call me!
I've always wanted to paint a wall/house/something non-super-creative! Jealous :D
ReplyDeleteI need my house painted - BAD!! Come over anytime!
ReplyDelete