We've been talking about taking a walk on our day off but it just never happened... until yesterday. We set out aiming at the Tea Factory because it's the most navigable place because you can actually see it on the top of the hill and once you get there, you can see which direction you need to head back. And so we thought that was a safe option... a considerably long walk and also a nice viewpoint. I also remembered doing this walk about four years ago and on the way, we had found this reservoir and it was just a lovely and quiet spot to stop at... So this was my aim, to find that reservoir! The only problem was that I'm not a good navigator. Seriously, I might have done Duke of Ed and gone trekking numerous times, but if you leave me to it, you're likely to get lost. Thankfully though, my two buddies on this walk - Anu and Miriam said they were fine with getting lost and so we head out - ready for adventure. But still, I was freaking out a little bit in my head because I really wanted to find this reservoir and I didn't want us to get terribly lost in the process so I thought, "hmmm, God knows. He's at the vantage point of having a "bird's eye" view on everything so it would be a good idea to get Him to lead..." and He did and we did find the reservoir and it was even lovelier than I remembered it.
It was an uphill walk and so the views kept getting better and better. It's nice how you don't actually have to walk that far out to get away from the hustle and bustle of the town. There were some cars that passed us on the way but for the most part it was a quiet and peaceful walk.
Once we got there, we settled down to lunch which we packed from a local restaurant and then Anu went down to the edge of the water and was happily taking pictures while Miriam and I got attacked by a goat! Seriously. The most stubborn goat I have ever seen. It obviously smelt our food and came hoping that we'd let it have some of it. Except that I refused to leave a mess behind so I wouldn't let it have the packets of food which was probably the easiest way to get rid of the dumb thing. Instead, I kicked it several times in the head, Miriam bashed it with her Bible in hand and the both of us were screaming, "go AWAY goat!!" all the while... Of course Anu just sat there and found the whole episode highly amusing, as did the man who actually owned this stupid goat. He was tending his cattle nearby and could have easily called this goat back but he didn't do a thing! I have to admit, it was pretty hilarious. Especially when the billy goat came to join the party!
That's when we ran away! The billy goat actually climbed onto the little wall and started towards us... I wouldn't say it was charging but it did have horns and we weren't about to risk that!
Anyway, they left us alone eventually and we sat and read for a little while before heading back. We never did make it to the tea-factory cause we stopped at this little reservoir for so long but it was totally worth it! A fun (and adventurous!) day off!
Pictures taken by Anu



No comments:
Post a Comment
Yay, a comment!