...seems to do wonders for the girls. They are as hyper as hyper can be but I, on the other hand, am exhausted.
I'm "in charge" this weekend because the Std. 9 girls' dormparents are away on their weekend-off. It could go very wrong because I have to remember a lot of things (gasp! I've just remembered one thing that I have forgotten to do already! Blah!!) and be responsible... Which I can handle and I'm not anxious or anything but this is sure gonna be a crrrrazy weekend!
The good thing is that they like me enough. And I've gotten to a point where I think I've found the balance between being their friend and being someone in a position of responsibility not because I'm strict. I'm so NOT strict. But I think that they respect me so they know there's a line and they'll at least try to listen to me and I appreciate that. It's a nice place to be even if it requires a very very deep well of patience but I like that this experience is allowing me to test how deep my well is. It has definitely gotten deeper since I got here! I used to dread putting the girls to bed initially cause it was just so "impossible" but now I look forward to it!
In other news... 'Annie' is to be resurrected!! We've been invited to participate in an inter-school drama competition at Stanes School in Coonoor! Exciting! I can't describe this feeling of pure joy I felt when I saw them all today. Seriously. They're like my kids. My super star kids that I've missed so much and I'm so grateful for another chance to work with them! We perform next Friday which is not a lot of time to rehearse but we had them act out a little bit today and guess what? They remember their lines perfectly! So that's sorted! The challenge was to condense our 45min play to 20mins because that's the requirement! So Suzan and I brainstormed it today and then in the afternoon went down to Coonoor along with Michael (Suzan's hubby) and checked out the stage and what we can do with it and I think we have a pretty awesome plan! I'm so excited! :)
Anyway, I think I had better go and try and get some sleep if that's possible. It's that time of year again when the the 'festival of light' is mistaken to be the 'festival of noise'. Argh. I thought Ooty wouldn't be too bad but oh no, the madness has caught on here too! But anyhow, Happy Diwali! :)
Toodles.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Yay, a comment!