Friday, 31 August 2012

Life Update!

I know I know. It's appalling how long it has been since the last time this blog saw anything like an update. I have so much to tell you...

Last Thursday might have been the day that I have been the most scared in my life. Driving (alone. at 10pm, might I add) through knee-deep waterlogged one-way streets that turned into two-way because of the mayhem. Bangalore's heaviest downpour this monsoon, and of course I had to be driving in it.

I bought a flash! And we are falling in love with each other. (And that's #34 crossed of my list!)

I also bought a new external hard drive which, it turns out, needs TWO USB connections! I am NOT impressed with this but at least I can stop having nightmares about losing important data! (#53)

I shot an engagement AND a wedding in the last 5 days. Engagement was in Chennai and Wedding was in Vellore! (Two different clients btw) You can see more of the engagement pictures on my website www.tinanandi.com


I shot my first Muslim wedding last week with another Photographer called Josh Kommanapalli. He runs the Photography Co. in Hyderabad. I actually really appreciated the simple seriousness of the wedding. Marriage is a huge commitment and I loved the emphasis on that and the choice that the couple make to honour that commitment.

I printed off my very own business cards and I have to admit that I am really quite proud of them. (#48 on my list!)



I am now officially the owner of www.tinanandi.com! Really. Right now it's linked to my Photo blog. The website is still under construction and I am hoping to launch it soon. It's strange to own a bit of cyberspace but I like it.


My first batch of compost is looking (and smelling!) good. It's incredible how waste can turn into something beautiful and rich. There are all sorts of lessons to be learnt from composting.

I met up with Meg, my roommate from our last year of school and it was so wonderful. There's nothing as good for your soul as meeting with a friend that you have a shared history with! It's wonderful how you can just pick up where you left off and there's complete comfort and understanding.



Speaking of school-friends, I also got to meet very briefly with another classmate which I was in Vellore for the shoot. It was crazy busy and exhausting and I didn't have a lot of time but good ol' Jerusha came to the station right before I had to catch my train to Bangalore and we updated each other on our lives.


I also saw a lot of Charles this week. He is a fellow photographer who I got to know when I was working in Ooty in 2011. Charles helped me out with both my shoots this past week and I am truly grateful to him!


In Chennai, I met many awesome people. My Clients were lovely and so were their families! My friend Robert connected me with another friend Maya who was my host for the weekend. Maya is an incredible talented singer who directs Radio City in Chennai. Through Maya, we also met Niranjan who is another photography-enthusiast and we had a good time mooning over the Canon 5D MIII and 85mm f1.2 lens that I rented for the shoot!




Tomorrow, I head off to Ooty with Jenny! We're going to the annual SISTERS conference we're taking a day to relax and breathe the clean air of the Nilgiris for one day. After that... a massive pile of post-processing awaits me and I have to admit, I'm a little terrified by the sheer amount of it... but I'll think about that tomorrow... ;)

That's all for now peeps.

Yours truly,

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Someone's been BUSY! Isn't it nice to cross things off a list?

    LOVE the business cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!