I spent most of the day yesterday making cards. There's a wonderful lady at school who has this amazing collection of card-making stuff from all over the world pretty much and every holiday, before school starts, she brings out all this stuff and shares it with whoever is around.
When I was in school, one of the things that I used to love being involved in was the service projects that school organised and those trips (and the run-up to them) are still amongst my most precious school memories. Anyway, so the run-up to these trips always involved weeks of fund-raising and I used to have some talent in the area of drawing Indian designs and that somehow developed into a design that got printed on eco-friendly bags and then we made millions of cards using the same prints as part of the fund raising for the Orissa project.
But that was years ago and the last time I really spent hours making cards and I guess I'd forgotten how much I love doing it! And so yesterday I spent hours in the staff dining hall with some others making these cards with all the amazing stuff that Suzanne shared with us! I was supposed to do lunch with a friend, Mayuran, who was here from the US but nobody could coax me out of that room! So there I stayed till 4pm and would have stayed longer but Mayu came back for me and we went to have some dinner with one of the staff families.
So... anybody want some post? :)
Me me me!!!!
ReplyDeleteMeeeee too! Oh how I love to show off here that I get snail mails from friends! :)
ReplyDeleteI will post back this time, promise!
real letters are the best! beautiful cards, Tina!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to continue the lost art of sending real mail. And those beautiful cards would brighten someone's day, like me:)!
ReplyDeleteI remember making cards with Suzanne. She is a dear, dear friend.
ReplyDelete