Wednesday, 24 March 2010

One Last Lesson.

Hello all,

Ummm, nothing really to say, but I was dying to try out the new and improved photo editing on Blogger (and it is so much better!) and well, my life isn't exactly very exciting at the moment and I have no new pictures to post and so I'm posting this one! :) 
This picture makes me sooo happy! It was taken in college the night before the main two days of K'scope 2009 began and right after the After8 concert. Look how happy we were? Sigh.
Just give it two months and we'll be this happy again. Exams will be overrrrrr!! 
Last night, I had an awesome conversation with Sharan on the phone and we were just talking about our many concerns about these stupid exams - where will our centres be? when will they tell us? do they actually read our exam papers or just randomly give marks? does it matter what we write? will we have fans in our exam-centre? (this is my biggest concern :P) when will they give us our hall-tickets? You get the picture. 
Anyway, but then I guess once we get through this we would really have achieved something right? I mean, besides the BA Degree part... College really has grown us. It's quite amazing to look back at all the experiences and memories we have right from how my awesome little group of friends actually came together to our trip to Ooty (!!) to the three K'scopes to EXAP and exams and classes and the infamous strike, ad infinitum.
It's really cool. I am beyond grateful. And I've really learned so much. And that's kind of dangerous because then sometimes in the middle of this horrid summer where the air is hot and still and food is so unappetizing and I'm stuck at home studying and I haven't seen my friends in days, I get so fed up and think, "I've learnt all there is to learn!! Why do I have to give these dumb exams?" and it doesn't help when people tell you nasty stories about how they read, or don't read our papers!! 
But I guess this is our one last parting lesson, right? In perseverance. 
I guess sometimes you just have to do things because you have to do them and not necessarily because you want to. Maybe sometimes it's not about increasing your happiness but building your character which will hopefully last you a lifetime... Maybe we can only be this (see above picture for demonstration! :P) happy because there are some not-so-happy moments in life too and hey, this too shall pass. So bring it on, Max Weber :P

1 comment:

  1. :)

    I found a plus point about Elphinstone, btw! Like, a MAJOR plus point. Epiphany in the shower. Elphinstone was where Dr. V studied -- with Homi Bhabha, Anand Patwardhan etc -- and taught -- Ranjit, Jerry etc. Nissim Ezekiel taught Jaya there, and I think he studied there himself.

    If I have to be writing Eng Lit answers in the same infrastructure that these stalwarts once walked, talked, and laughed in....well. Now I really can't wait to go there. After all this inflation in my head, if they give me Jai Hind, I will be seriously disappointed!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!