Sunday, 28 March 2010

Here's hoping...

So today was another 'last'. Well, for this chapter anyway. The last of the 'Birthday Mafia's' birthdays! :(
But before I burst into tears, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAURI!!! :)
The last birthday, was Vini's on the 12th of March but I never got around to posting anything. We didn't do much, just hung out at college and ate cake! :) 
L-R: Gauri, Vini, Me, Antu, Sonu in the canteen on Vini's birthday.

Today, we went over to Gauri's place in Dadar and it was just so nice to hang out!! I can't begin to explain how hard it is not seeing my girls everyday, not going to college, sitting in the canteen, etc, etc. Really. I'm really stumped at how hard this is. I didn't think it would be this hard. And I also didn't think that the prospect of leaving Bombay would be this hard. I can't believe that my love affair with this city is over, already. It was definitely nothing short of a stormy relationship and 3 months ago, I wrote this and could barely wait to be done. And now, I'm here telling you that I don't want this to be over! I mean, the exams - YES! Get over. But not Bombay. I have much unfinished business with Bombay. Ha! How things change, right? And feelings are so unpredictable. I mean, can you ever really say that tomorrow morning you'll wake up feeling exactly the way you feel today? 
Anyway, today was a really fun day. We ate delicious chicken biriyani, chocolate cake (delicious!!!) and had some good laughs and reminiscing about the other birthdays and oh yes, lots of whining about the exams! And ohhhhh how we can't wait for it to be over! :) 
After that we left and I paid my internet bill! For once not on the day it is due but a few days in advance. So proud of myself :P and then Antu, Sonu and I hopped on to an AC bus and headed home... I went to Antu's place for a while because I had to collect a book from her and also, I'll use any excuse to go to Antu's place! :) You know how the American Library is one of my "happy-places" in Bombay? Well, Antu's house is another one of those. I don't know how to describe it but there's this calm in her house and I feel like all the stupid things that I worry about are only big mountainous obstacles if you think of them that way and basically "tension nahin lena ka!!" Her mom has a lot to do with it :) She's so awesome. 
And now I am back home. It's been a good day. More later!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, my birthday is coming up!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... I'm loving all the love! :) thanks Piu, i love you. i'm the happiest when my GNG's are around!
    Oh Spartacus, I LOVE YOU TOO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!